Based in Aurora, Speers, Reuland & Cibulskis, P.C. has served the legal needs of accident and injury victims in Northern Illinois for four decades. In that time, we have handled all manner of personal injuries, including the representation of victims seriously injured in highway construction accidents, as well as cases involving highway construction death. Our firm emphasizes thoroughness and responsiveness, always working hard to meet our clients’ needs.
Circumstances Surrounding Highway Construction Accidents in Northern Illinois
Working on roads and highways is especially hazardous for construction workers, as they are continuously exposed to the elements, vulnerable to the behaviors of motorists, and may be working at night. Moreover, supervisors and management companies may fail to take proper—and often mandatory—safety precautions to protect workers from such dangers. Some of the most common circumstances causing and contributing to highway construction accidents in Aurora and throughout Northern Illinois include:
- Contractors and subcontractors failing to obey road safety regulations during a construction or repair project
- Lack of training to ensure workers understand roadwork-related hazards
- Missing signage indicating road construction
- Poor communication among supervisors, contractors, subcontractors, and workers
- Scaffolding collapses during bridge or overpass construction
- Construction equipment and/or machinery used or left too close to the roadside
- Motorists speeding through highway construction sites
- Motorists disobeying flaggers and/or electronic signaling devices
- Motorists disregarding rough, uneven pavement, which is common in bypass lanes that are used during road construction
Road construction workers injured on the job are generally eligible to receive workers’ compensation benefits. If your injuries were extensive or serious, however, Illinois workers’ comp may not be enough to cover the full extent of your medical expenses and lost wages. Here is where a personal injury claim against a third party, such as a motorist, electrician, concrete worker, heavy machinery operator, or a negligent supervisor may enable you to obtain an additional recovery award for your injuries.
In the tragic event you have lost a family member in a road construction accident, a wrongful death action may compensate you for your damages related to the incident, including emotional suffering and financial losses, such as medical expenses, funeral costs, lost benefits, and lost future earnings. The attorneys at Speers, Reuland & Cibulskis, P.C. can help you determine if you have a viable personal injury or wrongful death claim.
Seek Advice & Representation from an Aurora Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have sustained injuries in a Northern Illinois highway construction accident, or if you have lost a loved one in a highway construction death, please contact Speers, Reuland & Cibulskis, P.C. for a free initial consultation with an Aurora attorney experienced in construction accident cases. We can help you receive compensation to cover the costs of your injuries and damages.
Se habla español.